10 Reasons to Buy a Quiet Book
Quiet Books, as the name suggests, were originally developed as textbooks to give children the opportunity to quietly occupy themselves for a while.
In this day and age, Quiet Books offer children a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The books manage without batteries, loud noises or complex technology. A Quiet Book is usually made of cotton and felt and offers a range of activities on each page that are tailored to the age and abilities of the child and which at the same time promote sensory experience, cognitive development and fine motor skills. Quiet Books are recommended for children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years, and longer if there are special needs.
With babies, the focus is on high-contrast images, on feeling and touching different materials and objects. All the senses are stimulated and fine motor skills are trained in the game. Activities for two- to four-year-olds range from sorting colors and shapes, tying cords and cords, unbuttoning and buttoning, finger exercises with zippers and other fasteners to puzzles. As you get older, the tasks become more complex. With preschool children, the focus is on initial reading and writing exercises, learning to use the clock and basic arithmetic, daily routine and small board games.
1. The advantages of Quiet Books are many. The multitude of activities and exercises included help your child to improve their fine motor skills and thus everyday situations such as getting dressed (tying laces, opening and closing zippers, buttons and buckles), eating (using cutlery, opening and closing the sandwich bag / lunch box ) or to master one's own hygiene (combing, drying, applying lotion, brushing teeth).
2. Quiet Books are intuitive. The activities in our books are easy to understand and require little, if any, supervision from parents. The child can do the age-appropriate tasks independently and learns in this way to trust himself and his abilities, which contributes to a strengthening of the self-esteem.
3. Quiet Books are usually designed in such a way that only 1-2 activities are offered on each page. This avoids being overwhelmed and allows the child to concentrate on an activity until it has mastered it safely. In this way, attention and concentration are improved.
4. Jolly Designs: Educational Toys offer versatile opportunities for language acquisition. They help the child to invent stories around characters and objects, to develop their vocabulary and to expand their powers of imagination. In our Quiet Books, the templates are deliberately kept simple in order to encourage further storytelling: A girl rides a bicycle and falls. How are things going now? Do you have to go to the doctor? Is the bike broken? By allowing the child to develop different storylines and immerse themselves in role-playing games, empathy is promoted in addition to language development
5. Quiet Books help to learn everyday routines in a playful way. It is easier for the child to integrate recurring activities into their daily routine, for example putting on their nightgown before going to bed, brushing their teeth after every meal, putting their clothes back in the closet, putting dirty laundry in the laundry basket or adding cutlery use.
6. Quiet Books are designed so that the child actively participates in the game. In contrast to many other toys, where the child is merely a spectator and the activity is carried out by the toy itself (which is often the case with battery-operated products), Quiet Books require participation and action. The playful occupation promotes concentration, focus and creativity.
7. The books are light and compact and can be easily moved from one place to another without taking up a lot of space. They are ideal for car trips, on long flights or train journeys, in the waiting room at the pediatrician's or for rainy afternoons at home on the sofa. Our Quiet Books fit in every handbag or diaper bag and are supplied in a cotton bag to protect them from dirt.
8. In contrast to books with pages made of paper, overzealous children's hands do not mind quiet books. They are made of high-quality and durable materials and can withstand intense play. If they do get dirty, they can simply be washed. In our blog post “Tips and tricks for caring for your Quiet Book” we have put together detailed instructions on how you can easily clean our fabric books.
9. Our Quiet Books are made with great care and attention to detail. We are convinced that in this way children learn to appreciate and respect something unique, beautiful and handmade in play.
10. Our Quiet Books are made with great care and attention to detail. We are convinced that in this way children learn to appreciate and respect something unique, beautiful and handmade in this way.